The Heroes and Villains Pack for Need for Speed Run is now also available on Xbox 360, containing the three pre-order packs Most Wanted, Carbon and Underground and giving you the possibility to upgrade to the Limited Edition.
All three pre-order packs have unique cars and challenge series, like the BMW from Most Wanted or the 370Z from Underground.
Coupled with the Heroes and Villains is the fact that you can upgrade to the Limited Edition content as well, so you also get the Lamborghini Aventador, Camaro ZL1 and the new Porsche 911 Carrera S!
The classic Need for Speed Most Wanted, probably one of the best rated Need for Speed games seems to find it's way to the Playstation 3 - almost 7 years after its initial release!
There is no official announcement yet, but if you head over to the PSN Store on the Playstation 3 you will find Need for Speed Most Wanted for EUR 9.99, which seems to be a port from the Playstation 2 version.
Initially the game was released in 2005 only on PC, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Playstation 2! To get an impression of the game you can watch this video by MotoGamesTV, who played the first 10 minutes of the game:
Need for Speed World continuously gets updated with new cars, which means that older existing cars may will retire temporarily and be removed from the car dealer.
Owners of the retired cars will still be able to race them, whereas others will need to wait until the car is once again available.
The following cars will retire on February 23rd:
- Audi A1 Clubsport Quattro Worthersee
- Audi A1 Clubsport Quattro Speed
- 1965 Shelby Cobra "Daytona" Coupe® Blue
- Volkswagen Scirocco Zack
Retired cars will become available again in the future, but at no guaranteed schedule.
If you want to get your hands on these cars, be quick before they’re gone. As a bonus these cars will be on sale for 20% off all week!
Need for Speed World has a new Tier 1 racer: the Mazda RX-8!
The NFS World community has been hungry for this tuner for quite some time now and the wait is finally over! The RX-8 is Mazda’s next-generation rotary sports car that delivers an astonishing 9000 rpm of driving pleasure.
The uniquely thrilling RENESIS rotary engine powers the RX-8 experience with its free-revving, turbine smooth twin-rotor power plant.
This Tier 1 was born out of passion, fuelled by innovation and engineered to win! Reward yourself today by stopping at the Car Dealer and experience this high-revving sports car!
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit dives into new areas and was released last week for Windows Phone 7. You can find it for 4.99 USD at the Windows Phone Marketplace.
Description: FEEL THE RUSH OF THE ESCAPE AND THE THRILL OF THE TAKEDOWN! Outrun the law as a Racer in supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque – or stop racers cold as a Cop in high-speed police interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon. Enabled for Xbox LIVE®, experience pulse-pounding action as you make the escape or make the bust with Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit on Windows Phone 7.
You can find more information about NFS Hot Pursuit on Windows Phone 7 under the following links:
Need for Speed World receives a new update, which brings Valentine's Day into the game!
To get you in the mood there will be a Valentine Aftermarket Card Pack with exclusive Valentine’s Day Neons and License Plates. Additionally there will be two new "Beauty and the Beast" editions - the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition “2012 Beauty” and Lexus LFA “2012 Beast”, along with the beauty and beast cars from 2011.
Additionally two new Team Escape events have been added to the game: “High Stakes” and “Underground”.
You can find the changes of the update here:
- Chat enhancements:
- Players are now able to chat while in the Safehouse
- When sending a whisper to another Driver, a separate chat filter is created to allow the player to see a record of the conversation between two players
- A notification icon will appear when receiving updates to specific chat filters
- Two new Team Escape events have been added to the game: “High Stakes” and “Underground”
- For a limited time only, A Valentine Aftermarket Card Pack is available for purchase and includes exclusive Valentine’s Day Neons and License Plates
- The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 “2011 Beast” has been reintroduced to Need for Speed World and is available for purchase from the Car Dealer
- The Lexus IS F “2011 Beauty” has been reintroduced to Need for Speed World and is available for purchase from the Car Dealer
- An all new Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition “2012 Beauty” has been added to the game and is available for purchase from the Car Dealer
- An all new Lexus LFA “2012 Beast” has been added to the game and is available for purchase form the Car Dealer
- Existing Team Escape events have been adjusted for difficulty. Time limits are now shorter, while Rep and Cash rewards have increased
- The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 has undergone retuning to increase the car’s top speed and enhance its handling
- The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 bumper cam has been adjusted
- The Lexus LFA’s engine sound has been changed to match the real-life acoustics of the LFA’s V10 4.8L engine and multi-stage exhaust system
- The Lexus IS F has undergone retuning to increase the car’s top speed and enhance its handling
- A 7th gear has been added to the Lexus IS F
- The Lexus IS F’s bumper cam has been adjusted
- The “/f” friends chat functionality has been fixed
- Fixed an issue that caused exhaust tips to clip into the Lamborghini Countach 5000 QUATTROVALVOLE’s body when equipped with visual packages
- Fixed an issue that caused 2 steering wheels to appear on the Nissan 200SX while in minimum level of detail
- Some missing vinyl thumbnail images were added for the Koenigsegg CCX “Elite”
- Some minor world/environment fixes were made
- Some missing mouse-over SFX were added when highlighting elements in the Aftermarket Shop
Today (Monday, February 6th) EA will be implementing an update to the Shift 2 Unleashed servers. As a result of this update, players will no longer be able to change their EA Account password from within the game!
If you do attempt to change your password from within the game you'll receive an error message stating that the new password is invalid.
For PC players specifically, if they change their password outside of the game (through Origin, for example) they will not be able to log into Autolog, or in extreme cases will have to delete their save game files in order to connect to Autolog.
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and
materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All Rights Reserved.