The new PC-Patch v1.03 for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit was just made available, fixing problems with several graphic cards and their resulting crashes:
Fixes account for almost half (47%) of the crashes caused by the top 10 problems reported by our users. Specifically, crashes and rendering problems on ATI Radeon X1300, X1550 and X1800 graphics cards have been addressed. Fixes are also included for Intel embedded graphics chipsets such as the Intel GMA 500, Intel GMA 600 and Intel GMA X3000 which are running older graphics drivers.
Another crash bug has also been resolved when running on graphics hardware that does not support DirectX Shader Model 3.0.
The BAFTA awards, honouring the best games and developers of the industry, were given out yesterday during the annual GAME British Academy Video Games Awards.
NFS Hot Pursuit was able to win the award in the category Multiplay possibly due to the innovative Autolog system. Hot Pursuit superseded great games like Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Halo: Reach and Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty.
Best game in 2010 (where NFS Hot Pursuit was nominated as well) is Call of Duty: Black Ops!
This weekend you get the unique chance to get in touch with the developers in the Shift 2 Unleashed Live Developer Chat!
This Saturday at 1 PM PST (or 8 PM GMT), SHIFT 2 Unleashed Lead Designer, Andy Tudor, will join NFSDrew for a live developer video Q&A about the fastest racing game on Earth. In the chat, you'll be able to ask Andy and Drew questions about the game and have them answered in real time. They'll also be explaining the finer mechanics and details behind SHIFT 2 Unleashed's gameplay, and if you play your cards right, you could win a prize.
You can find a link to the live stream under the following link:
A new racing discipline wsa announced for Shift 2 Unleashed: the Time Attack mode! Race against the clock and try to finish the sections as clean as possible to make the best time.
As your rival you will meet race driver Chris Rado and his 1,200 HP monster Team Need for Speed Scion tC. As the owner of WORLD Racing, a professional drag race, time attack and show circuit team, he know how to race. In 2009, while behind the wheel of his beloved tC, he set the world record for a front-wheel-drive car with a 6.94s 1/4 mile.
The latest patch v5.14 for Need for Speed World introduces - as previously announced the new Aftermarket Shop, which allows you to buy customized tuning parts and build your dream car.
At the moment the following parts are available:
- 5 colors of underbody neon lights
- 5 colors of window tint
- 3 lowering kits
- 24 sets of wheels, each available in 4 different sizes
- And a whole lot of custom license plates
The NFS World Team is working on future upgrades and wants to continually add more categories and contents to the shop.
Additionally, the Patch v5.14 implemented the following changes:
- New Visual Customization System: Players are now able to install individual visual parts on their vehicle through the Aftermarket Shop
- All new wheels, neons, window tints, tiered lowering kits, and custom license plates have been added to the game
- The Audi TT RS is now available for purchase from the Car Dealer (previously available for rental only.)
- Made some improvements to the game client’s stability
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from purchasing Visual Packages or caused players to receive transaction errors
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from modifying the wheel colour on the Dodge Viper SRT-10
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain player’s levels from displaying in the friends list
- An appropriate pop-up will now appear when attempting to repair a vehicle with insufficient cash
- Fixed an issue that prevented World Map options from saving after closing the window
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from scrolling to the bottom of the Audio menu in the Options menu
- Clicking on an empty area in the top left of the screen will no longer open the News Feed
- Removed some incorrect audio from the Boost Store when the Free Roam music slider was set to 0
- SFX has been tweaked so that out of range pursuit breakers are no longer audible when they are knocked down by another player
- Event icons will no longer disappear when they are close to the edge of the World Map
After the announcements of Drift, Muscle and FIA GT1 another two career paths were announced for Shift 2 Unleashed: Retro und Works.
In Retro you get to drive the classic vehicles, without many of the modern conveniences we've come to expect from our cars. During your career you will have to stand up to your rival Darren McNamara and his Team Need for Speed Toyota AE86. If you beat him, you get his car, which might be useful for upcoming drift races.
Works on the other hand pushes your cat to its limits, by installing the top racing parts available, and ensuring you get as much out of your car as humanly possible. Nothing will make your car faster or more competitive on the track than a Works conversion.
Your rival will be Mad Mike Whiddett, driving the Team Need for Speed Mazda RX-8.
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and
materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All Rights Reserved.